From the Booking Desk:
This news hit Facebook on Friday, but I know there are some followers here who are not users of social media, so I wanted to make sure to post this information here on BOLO Books as well.
Earlier in the month, the co-chairs of Left Coast Crime 2021 – Lucinda Surber and Stan Ulrich – wrote to inform me that I had been selected to be the Fan Guest of Honor at that convention in Albuquerque, New Mexico. I believe the e-mail said something to the effect of “We hope you can join us.”
Needless to say, I was beyond honored and accepted immediately. Then I got a biggest, goofiest grin on my face. At that point, I had no idea who the other guests of honor would be, so I saw that news along with everyone else on Friday afternoon. Listen, just to be chosen as the Fan Guest of Honor was an incredible feeling I am unlikely to ever forget, but now knowing that I will be sharing the spotlight with the likes of Catriona McPherson, Mick Herron, Kellye Garrett, and the legacy of Tony Hillerman takes things to a whole new level. I simply cannot thank Lucinda, Stan, and Left Coast Crime enough!
Who knew when I started this blogging journey that it would take me to such unbelievable places. This is just a small sampling:
- Awarded the Mystery Writers of American Raven Award during the 2018 Edgar Award Ceremony
- Nominated for the Best Online Content Anthony Award at Bouchercon 2018 in St. Petersburg Florida
- Writing regular columns for Deadly Pleasures Mystery Magazine and Ellery Queen Mystery Magazine
- Writing a cover story on Domestic Suspense for Deadly Pleasures Mystery Magazine
- Publishing reviews in Crimespree Magazine, Mystery Readers International, the UK-based Shots e-zine, along with Deadly Pleasure Mystery Magazine
- Joining the Board of Directors of Malice Domestic as the Secretary in 2018
- Speaking to the students of Art Taylor’s college course on reviewing, critical analysis, and blogging life
- Sharing the stage with Dru Ann Love to speak at the Sisters in Crime Chesapeake Chapter meeting about the process of working with book bloggers
- Moderating panels at the various crime fiction conventions
- Interviewing authors at book launchs, bookstores, and online
- Having lunch with J. J. Abrams
- And yet, the most important thing of all is becoming friends with so many readers and writers, sharing the love of books with others, and just knowing that you all – the followers of BOLO Books – have my back at every turn in life’s journey
Now I can add Fan Guest of Honor to this list. (Thank you again Lucinda and Stan!!) I do hope that each of you reading this will join us in Albuquerque. My husband and I have long considered New Mexico to be one of our favorite places in the world and we are looking forward to returning to share that love with our crime fiction tribe.
Information about and Registration for Left Coast Crime 2021 – Southwest Sleuths in Albuquerque can be found at the official website.